Turistička Hercegovina

The old Orthodox Church

 

The old Orthodox Church(of The Nativity of the Virgin) was built in 1834 in the area of Bjelusine.

An important example of sacred orthodox architecture, the Church guards a beautiful icon of the Virgin Mary, a wooden iconostasis with several Russian, Venetian and local icons dating back to between the 15th and 18th centuries. The new Church, located in a hilly part of the city was built between 1863 and 1873 according to the project of artist Spasoje Vulić.

More in this category: Kujundžiluk »

Contact US


Turistička zajednica HNŽ/HNK
Address: Dr. Ante Starčevića bb
Phone: +387 36 355 090
Fax : 387 36 355 096

www.hercegovina.ba

Android applications

 

Agrotourism Brochure

Herzegovina brochure

Scroll to top